When small businesses start doing content marketing, they focus primarily on creating new content. As your content library grows, you can circle back to previous content and find ways to repurpose it.
Why small businesses should repurpose old content
Circulating old content can fill gaps in your content schedule during periods when you’re crazy busy and don’t have time to produce new content. It also has the following benefits:
- Keeps your brand visible. It can prompt previous customers to purchase from you again. It can also generate new leads and attract new customers.
- Great for SEO and drawing fresh traffic to your website. Remember to include hashtags and keywords in your social media posts when you recirculate content.
- Reinforces your brand’s message. Repetition is important in marketing. The marketing rule of 7 states that, on average, prospects need to be exposed to your brand at least seven times before they’ll make a purchase.
4 ways to repurpose old content
How you repurpose old content is limited only by your imagination. But here are four effective ways to get more mileage out of your old content.
1. Design infographics
Got a long and detailed blog post? Pull the key facts from the post and summarise it in an infographic. Then share the infographic across your social media channels with a link to the original blog post.
2. Start a podcast
If you have content such as interviews or an ongoing series, turn it into a podcast. These days, more Australians are tuning into podcasts. They’re easy and convenient to listen to — while driving in the car, working out, or on a walk.
3. Create a SlideShare presentation
If your company has done a webinar, online course, or presentation at a conference, promote it on social media before, during, and after the event. Then turn the information from speeches, presentations, or course content into a SlideShare presentation.
4. Keep sharing previous content
Unless a piece is extremely time-sensitive, there’s nothing wrong with resharing previous content. To get the most mileage out of your content, create more evergreen content. That’s content that doesn’t become dated. Because it remains relevant, you can share it as many times as you like.
Creating content takes time. Get the most out of that investment by maximising your previous content. Don’t have much time to manage your content? Dump it on us. Contact Hunter & Scribe at [email protected].