Small business owners know the value of content marketing, but they aren’t always aware of the reasons why their marketing fails or, more importantly, how to fix it.
Benefits of Content Marketing
Successful content marketing should bring favourable results; it’s that simple. Have a look at the following benefits:
- Provides value
- Increases visibility
- Builds relationships
- Builds trust and loyalty
- Establishes credibility
- Demonstrates expertise
- Generates leads
- Opens channels of communication
If your marketing isn’t accomplishing at least half of these benefits, you may need to rethink your strategy.
9 Reasons Why Small Businesses Sometimes Fail at Content Marketing
- You haven’t zoned in on a target – this includes a target audience and a target market, or niche.
- You don’t have the ‘Right’ formula – the right content reaching the right people at the right time.
- You’re not giving your strategy time to work.
- Your marketing isn’t SEO
- Your content doesn’t provide value.
- You’re too focused on sales.
- You haven’t been documenting your marketing results – how can you tweak it if you don’t have data or stats?
- There is no consistency in your timing, message, or branding.
- Your content doesn’t stand out from the rest.
How you can fix it
Use the 9 reasons listed above to analyse your small business marketing strategy. Turn the negatives into positives – the ‘haven’ts’ into ‘haves’ and the ‘don’ts’ into ‘dones’ – and you can turn your content marketing around.
The tenth way you can fix it is by outsourcing your content. Contact a marketing professional like Hunter and Scribe. They specialise in marketing and content creation so that you can specialise in what you love doing.