Great content is one of the easiest and most effective ways of marketing your small business or brand. However, not all content is created equal.
Take your content from good to great:
1. Include video, podcasts, and other forms of media
Text-heavy content is OK, but it can cause reader fatigue, so switch it up by including exciting video clips, interesting podcasts, infographics, and more. Poor content will include one video and then follow it up with a series of text-heavy posts. Keep your content consistent.
2. Answer the questions your readers have
It is not enough to simply post what you feel is important or interesting. For great content, use free online resources like Answer the Public to find out what your readers are looking for, and target them specifically by answering their questions.
How small businesses can create great content:
- Create strong headlines speaking to topics that your audience can relate to
- Make your content actionable by offering readers tips and advice
- Use reputable sources and ensure the accuracy of your content and reporting
- Outsource your content writing and marketing to an experienced agency
Although there are several things that you can do to improve your content marketing, great content needs continuous work. Unfortunately, many small businesses simply don’t have the resources to be able to keep it up. If that’s you, outsourcing can help.
Allow the gurus at Hunter & Scribe to take your content from good to great. Contact us at [email protected].