Graphic design is one of the most in-demand services today, because small businesses need graphic designers for their marketing campaigns.
However, to save money, more and more small business owners have been using graphic design templates, rather than hire designers.
With so many templates available online, there’s an ongoing debate about whether it’s better to use one of these mass-produced templates or hire a designer to create a unique design that becomes the property of the small business.
Pros of using graphic design templates
- Time – A template saves you time, because all you will need to do is to add your content (media and text)
- Money – It is cheaper to use ready-made templates that hire a professional
- Faster selection – If you already know what you want, you can quickly choose a template that matches your vision
- Customisable – Many templates can be customized based on the needs and ideas of your small business
Cons of using graphic design templates
- Originality – The template you choose might also be used by one of your rivals, which would undermine the credibility of your marketing
- Creativity – Mass-produced templates generally look less creative than bespoke designs, especially when they’re clearly being used by lots of small businesses
If your small business needs something quick and cheap, a graphic design template might be the best option.
But if your small business prefers to invest in quality marketing, it might be better to either hire a professional designer or take the economical route of outsourcing.