Social media marketing is more complex than most people think. There are several factors to consider, such as:
- Which medium is your audience most active on?
- What type of content is relevant to them?
- What keywords and hashtags will attract traffic?
- When is the best time to post?
The last one is often overlooked by many small businesses. You can create amazing content but if you post it at the wrong time, you’ve defeated the purpose. Your audience probably won’t see it. It’s a common social media mistake.
When you pinpoint the right time to post content, you can reach more people and boost engagement. Timing, however, is tricky. It’s influenced by your industry, audience, and the overall social media habits of Australians.
According to the Sensis 2018 Yellow Social Media Report:
- 59% of Australians access their social media every day and 35% check it more than five times a day.
- 71% of Aussies check their social media in the evening; 57% check it first thing in the morning; 47% during breaks or lunchtime; and 39% before they go to bed.
- 96% check social media at home while 43% are scrolling while on public transport.
So, when is the best time to post on social media?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer. A good rule of thumb when it comes to the best time to post on different social media platforms is:
Facebook — Week days from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Instagram — Monday through Thursday from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays tend to get the best results.
Twitter — Noon to 3 p.m., especially on Wednesdays. Twitter’s feed moves so fast and the lifespan of a tweet is short, so it’s best to tweet several times a day.
These are, by no means, set in stone. To find the slot that works best for your business, post at different times of the day and different days of the week, until you hit your sweet spot. Remember that Australia has five time zones, so adjust the timing of your posts according to the region you’re targeting.
Still missing the mark?
Well-crafted content posted at the right time can do wonders for your brand’s engagement levels. If, however, you’re still missing the mark, we can help identify your ideal time to post on social media and create shareable content.
Contact us at [email protected].