What makes or breaks a potential customer’s decision to buy something online?
Most of the time, it’s the reviews.
With no tangible way to see the product or service they’re about to fork out for, buyers look toward honest reviews to make sure their purchase will be an informed one.
Having honest, real reviews can help build credibility and transparency for your brand – so don’t be too afraid of negative reviews.
With data that 91% of consumers between the ages of 18-23 trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, you might be able to increase your sales with the help of online reviews.
More online reviews would be great, but where do I start?
- Ask them via email – then follow up:
- The first and most obvious step to getting more online reviews is simple – just ask!
- A day or so after you’ve confirmed that your customer has received your product or completed your service, send a sweet message over to their inbox asking for their feedback.
- All you have to do is set a fixed template, then use marketing tools to automatically send them to customers. This also shows your customers that you care enough to ask in the first place.
- Don’t worry if they don’t respond. There’s nothing wrong with sending another follow-up email a few days later, though anything more than that is typically overkill.
- Give an incentive
- Another great method to attract reviews instead of begging for them is to give them something in return.
- A 10% discount code, a free gift upon their next purchase or a reward points system are all great ways. Just choose whichever applies best to your small business.
- Make it easy for them to rate you
- When asking a favour from anyone (your customers included), you’ve got a higher chance of them saying yes if it’s a simple task.
- This could mean asking simple one-word questions, or placing it directly in the thank you page that pops up post-payment.
If you think your business could use some help getting online reviews and other areas content-related, consider outsourcing your content marketing to us! Get in touch with us at [email protected] to find out more.