No matter what industry your small business is in, there are 10 or 20 conversations you keep having again and again.
Some typical recurring conversations are:
- When a potential customer initiates contact with you
- When a customer asks for help
- When a customer makes a complaint
- When a customer is late with their invoice
- When you initiate contact with a potential referral partner
That’s why your small business should build a collection of template emails. Professionally written template emails offer two advantages:
- They save time – because you don’t have to write the same email again and again
- They cut through – because they’re clear, concise and well-structured
Go through your sent items for the last 12 months. Make a list of all the conversations you’ve had more than once – and are likely to have again in the future. Finally, get a professional to write the correspondence in advance. That way, when the time comes, you can immediately copy/paste a high-quality email.