Why businesses should outsource these three key jobs
It seems tempting to keep everything in-house, especially if you think you can do it just as well and for free.
However, business owners may want to resist this temptation. After all, no one is good at everything. And no one has time to do everything.
It may also be more cost-effective to outsource work. For example, if you’re a real estate agent, your main job is to list and sell properties. So why not outsource your content marketing to writing experts so you have more time for these dollar-productive activities?
Which jobs should you outsource?
Businesses often outsource payroll, bookkeeping and deliveries; and there are other jobs the owners or staff do themselves which could be outsourced.
Let’s say you’re a mortgage broker in Melbourne and you decide to write weekly blogs to attract more clients to your website.
Every week you’ll need to:
- Browse the latest property news to find a topic
- Look up data on CoreLogic, SQM Research, the Australian Bureau of Statistics and other sites
- Prepare a blog outline based on this information
- Look for additional information to fill out the blog
- Write an interesting and educational blog
- Edit your writing
- Find an appropriate image
- Publish the blog
In contrast, if you outsource your blogs to, say, Hunter & Scribe, all you need to do is:
- Select a topic from a list we provide
- Receive the blog by email, read it, and publish it
Much easier isn’t it?
Social media posts
Writing a social media post can sometimes take just as long as a blog.
For example, if you’re an accountant and you want daily social media posts, you’d need to:
- Browse websites like the Australian Taxation Office, Treasury and Fair Work Ombudsman to see what’s in the news
- Write the post by condensing the subject matter into bite-size chunks
- Edit the post
- Source an image
- Publish the post
If you outsource your social media posts to Hunter & Scribe, you only need to read the posts. We do everything else – we can even schedule them to be automatically published on the right day and time.
What about your website text? It’s the first impression people have of your business and often your only chance to get the client. Would you prefer content you wrote in between trying to do business development and meet clients, or text written by an expert writer who took the time to get it just right?
Why should you outsource these jobs?
If you started a mortgage broking business, you’re probably very good at doing business development, assessing clients’ finances and understanding different lenders’ policies. So wouldn’t you rather be doing that?
Here are some more benefits to outsourcing your work:
- You and your team will have more time to focus on core business
- You won’t need to hire as many staff
- You will be able to tap into other people’s skills
- Your work will become simpler and more enjoyable, because someone else will be doing the frustrating tasks
- You will appear professional because of your high-quality content